POLARIS TRANSPORTATION GROUP – STATEMENT ON CORONAVIRUS (COVID-19)
To Our Valued Customers and Partners:
In response to the evolving situation pertaining to the Coronavirus (COVID-19), we at Polaris Transportation Group of Companies, have implemented the best practices as recommended by the World Health Organization (WHO), Center for Disease Control (CDC) and Health Canada to protect our employees, customers and service providers. We have also strengthened our business continuity plan and are fully prepared to handle any scenario pertaining to containment and business continuity.
The measures taken include:
Ensured Business Continuity Plan Is in Place:
- Enabled remote work connectivity for all of our employees.
- Ensured proper communication channels are in place for internal and external messaging. This includes, emails, social media outlets, Polaris Website, SMS, cell phones and landlines.
- Ensured that essential business functions will be maintained.
- Identified organizational responsibilities are properly aligned and transferred to alternates as applicable by establishing a list of designates who can fill in for critical employees.
- Advised our critical supply chain partners and contractors on the pandemic preparedness.
- Deployed and shared a master contact list with all employees’ emails and phone numbers that are critical to business operations. Will make available to customers and partners.
- Reaching out to our critical partners to align with their own business continuity plans that are in place or need to be put in place.
Containment Best Practices – Hygiene:
Initiated communications to employees to follow hygiene protocols, including:
- Washing hands frequently with soap and water for at least 20 seconds.
- Avoiding touching eyes, nose, or mouth with unwashed hands.
- Avoiding physical contact with employees.
- Covering coughs or sneezes with tissue or elbow (not hand)
- Sanitizer and soap are present in visible locations and refilled regularly. Also providing tissues and no-touch covered garbage disposals.
- Surfaces like desks, door handles and objects like phones, keyboards and photocopiers are cleaned with disinfectant frequently throughout the day.
- Provide employees with disposable wipes to clean their own workstations.
Social Distancing Measures:
- We have implemented a no-touch policy for our staff (No shaking hands or physical contact with customers or other staff members).
- We have instructed staff to stay home if they’re not feeling well.
- We have instructed staff that have travelled to stay home for 14 days and work remotely. This would include exposure to other family members who have travelled.
- No group events or customer visits.
- Following proper isolation protocols as recommended by WHO, CDC and Health Canada.
Our locations across North America remain fully operational, and our current conditions stand as normal. We have strategies in place to ensure service continues without interruption. Polaris is committed to ensure that safety, compliance and service levels are maintained at the most optimal levels, as always.
We will continue to post our status updates on our website and to our customers and partners.
If you have any questions or concerns, please don’t hesitate to reach out to our Pandemic Control Committee firstname.lastname@example.org
For information and additional updates you can visit:
World Health Organization: https://www.who.int/emergencies/diseases/novel-coronavirus-2019
Centre for Disease Control: https://www.cdc.gov/
Health Canada: https://www.canada.ca/en/public-health/services/diseases/2019-novel-coronavirus-infection.html